- How it Works
2.2 Personal data includes but is not limited to:
- An individual’s full name;
- Email address (if individual can be identified);
- Date of birth; and
- Home address
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?3.1 Personal data we collect includes the following:
3.2 Other non-personal data we collect:
4. HOW WE WILL COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We will collect your personal data in the following ways:
- During face to face meetings
- Electronically via our website and any enquiries you have sent to us by email
- By completing our information request, account application and goods return forms and returning these to us by automated and non-automated means (If applicable and relevant to you)
5. HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.3 We will use your personal data for the following purposes (If relevant and applicable to you):
- To action a website enquiry we have received from you
- To action an enquiry we have received from you through our sales mailbox
- To action an enquiry we have received from you using our information request form
- To respond to any technical and general queries you may have
- To process quotation requests received
- To process purchase orders and send order acknowledgements
- To send out invoices to obtain payment
- To retain and maintain a quote and order history for your company
- To retain and maintain visit reports
- To liaise with you regarding the collection/shipment of your order
- To communicate with you in the event your order has been delayed
- To advise you of any price increases across our product list
- To advise you of any changes in ownership
- To advise you of any change in regulation that will affect you, this being related to the products in which you buy from us
- To advise you of any changes within our Technical and Safety Data Sheets
- To ask you to take part and provide feedback in our customer surveys. These are optional and you will be contacted via telephone, email or during customer visits
- To notify you about upcoming events and exhibitions we are attending
- To notify you of our Christmas closing and opening times
- To notify you of any possible acquisitions that will directly or indirectly affect you and your data
- For auditing purposes (should the auditor want to see the current contracts we have in place)
- For contractual, regulatory or agreement documentation including non-disclosure, distributor, supplier agreements and supplier certification
- For assessment and evaluation documentation including financial reports, performance reports, questionnaires and organisational structures
- Other documentation relating to contractual or agreement documentation including meeting notes
- To retain and maintain any documentation relating to an external service you are providing to us including:
- Quotations and proposals
- Purchase orders
- Reports and assessments
6. THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA6.1 The lawful basis for us collecting and processing your personal data is:
6.1.1 necessary for us and for you to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have already entered into with Reacton Fire in order for us to provide our products and services to you
6.1.2 That although we do not yet have a contract with you, you have requested or instructed us to do something as a first step (e.g. provide a quotation) and we need to process your personal data to do what you have asked
6.2 You are not obliged to provide your personal data but as part of the contract and/or service you would like us to provide we will require this information in order to effectively provide our products and/or services to you.
Personal data will be captured at the first point of communication. For us to reply or action your request, we will need to process and use your data. The ways in which we will use your personal data are listed in Section 5 – How we will use your personal data.
7.2 If you request a quotation from us, or require any other information such as technical support on behalf of an individual at another address or company, you must ensure the following, that:
(i) they understand how we will use their personal data
Personal data provided under this event will be retained under your company’s quotation history and will be solely used to provide the information you have requested.
7.3 If you request your order to be delivered to an individual at another address or company, you must ensure the following, that:
Personal data provided under this event will only be used to deliver your order and to contact this person regarding the delivery of the order should there be a need to.
8. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8.1 To allow us to deliver your order to you we will liaise with courier companies to assist in either arranging delivery or collection of your order, depending on which shipping method you have chosen at the time of placing your order. We will only disclose the minimum required information when booking transport such as contact name, telephone number and in some cases an email address.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9.1 We understand how important it is to keep personal data protected and as such already have security technology including firewalls, encryption, anti-virus and credentials in place to safeguard your data. Your personal data will be held in our databases and in your customer file on a secure drive, which is where all documentation relating to your quotation or order is stored. Your personal data is stored on servers in the UK, please see Section 12 – The use of your personal data outside of the European Union for an explanation of how your personal data is used outside of the EU. Personal data in our databases can only be accessed by suitably trained staff who have credentials that will allow them to access this information as part of their job role. In addition, staff who will be physically processing your information are tracked and approved individually by our IT Department.
9.2 We recognise the ever-growing risk surrounding personal data and have processes and procedures in place to ensure that paper documents, our computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised access, disclosure, incorrect use, loss or damage.
10. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
(i) The purpose and use of your personal data both now and in the future (e.g. our obligations under a contract or agreement with you)
(ii) Whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your personal data (such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by relevant law or regulation
(iii) Whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your personal data
(iv) If there are any agreed industry practices on how long your personal data should be retained.
12. THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION12.1 We are a global organisation, based in the United Kingdom, and are part of a worldwide group which has several locations across the globe which include US and Middle East.
12.2 The service we use for our email communications is based in Europe. As such, any email correspondence you have with us and us with you in order to provide our goods or services, will be retained and stored in European cloud-based data centres.
12.3 The transfer of data may or may not include countries where the level of privacy protection and the legal rights of individuals are not considered equal with standards of protection in jurisdictions having comprehensive data protection laws, such as the European Union.
13.1 Right of access
13.1.1 You have the right to request and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. This right allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the way we process your personal data. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us, please see section 7 – Information about other people – for review. We will provide a copy of this information free of charge. However, in the event of a request being excessive or repetitive, we may charge a reasonable fee that will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
13.1.2 We will acknowledge the request upon receiving and information will be provided within 1 month of receipt of a request.
13.2 Right to rectification
13.2.1 If you find your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can contact us verbally or in writing to correct it for you; please see section 17 – How to contact us.
13.3 Right to erasure (also known as the ‘Right to be forgotten’)
(i) You have the right for your personal data to be erased in the following circumstances:
13.4 Right to restrict processing
13.4.1 You have the right for your personal data to be restricted in the following circumstances:
(i) If you consider what we hold is inaccurate, processing will be restricted until we have verified the accuracy of the data
13.5 Right to data portability
13.5.1 You have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured and machine-readable format (Microsoft Excel or Word) and transmit that data to another controller in the following circumstances:
Please note as per our Confidentiality statement in our company terms, conditions and credits we will only provide your personal data relating to you as an individual, we will not provide any data relating to our company including, and not limited to, product information and pricing. Our Company terms, conditions and credits can be found at https://www.reactonfire.com/resources/approvals-and-certification/ or you may request a copy of this to be sent to you; please see section 17 – How to contact us.
13.6 Right to object13.6.1 We will not carry out market research directly or indirectly with you unless consent is obtained in advance. In the event we do contact you for market research, you have the right to object and will be informed of your right to object at the first point of contact. If you make the decision to object this type of processing and do not consent, please be assured this will not have a negative affect and will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we undertake for other personal data we hold about you in order to provide our goods and services.
13.6.2 As soon as we receive objection from you, we will halt any potential plans of processing.
14. UPDATING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL DATA
14.1 Due to the nature of our business, it is our goal to build and/or continue our relationship with you, as well as provide our products and services to you in a timely and efficient manner. It is important that we take all necessary steps with you to ensure that the information that we currently hold for you and your company is both up to date and correct.
14.2 You can update or correct your personal and company data by contacting and asking us to do this for you, please see Section 17 – How to contact us for how to do this. We ask that you include your name, address and/or email address in the request as this will help us to ensure that we only accept amendment requests from the correct individual/organisation.
16.1 If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about any of the data we hold for you and how we process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us and we work with you to resolve any potential issues. Please see Section 17 – How to contact us.
16.2 Additionally, you do have the right to launch a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and can find information on how to do this at www.ico.org.uk.
17. HOW TO CONTACT US
For all queries and requests relating to your personal data, please contact us by using any of the following methods:
Mail: Customer Service, Reacton Fire Suppression, 14 Baynes Place, Waterhouse Business Park, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2QX, UK
Phone: +44 (0)800 0306526